For something totally different - a two-day off the beaten track adventure
- Cape Town - A short stroll visiting some of Cape Town's iconic land marks of a by-gone era, following the story of early settlers
- Rawsonville - meet the Le Roux family for a spot of unique wine tasting & history at their boutique estate
- Worcester - Board a train at Worcester and head forth on an epic journey through the unique Klein Karoo.
- Matjiesfontein - This majestic town is truly frozen in time. Discover tales of legends & famous Diamond explorers. We join John the legend,for a bizarre bus tour of the town, some honkey tonk in the historic pub, Laird’s Arms, followed by a traditional dinner catered for at your lodging. End the evening with a night visit to the quirky underground museum & mind blowing star gazing
- After a hearty breakfast at the Lord Milner Hotel we visit the famous graveyard before heading to the quaint town of Montagu via the picturesque Koo Valley in our bus.
- Lunch is at Oupa Batt’s store - meet the family, have a behind the scenes look at their biltong & other delicacies production before sitting down for a spread of freshly baked farm bread with home made jams, before indulging in a family recipe Potjie followed by desert which always remains a surprise till we arrive
- Stop at the amazing Montague Dried Fruit & Nuts HQ
- Bid fare well to this majestic place & period - we fittingly drive underneath an old watch tower, from the world famous Anglo-Boer war era, and make our way lazily back to Cape Town to end your Forgotten Route, never to be forgotten
Departs Fridays from Tourism Information Centre in Cape Town at 8:15am
Alternative collection can be arranged
R2 250 pp
Valid: 18 Jan '19 to 31 Dec '19
Duration: 2 Days
Prices are from a starting price per person sharing, subject to change, airfare increase, currency fluctuations and availability at time of reservation. Airport Taxes, Fuel Levies and Surcharges are estimated and based on the current exchange rate at time of publication and will therefore remain subject to change. Advance purchase, peak season surcharges, block out periods and minimum stay conditions may apply. Visa costs, Travel Insurance any other items not mentioned in the ‘inclusions’ are excluded. Africape Travel’s Standard Terms and Conditions apply.